** New FAQ Documents for Families are Now Available **
While we believe that learning happens best within our physical classrooms, we know there are times when a full-time cyber option is appropriate for a student, especially during the current COVID-19 pandemic.
PENN CAMBRIA MENTOR = PERSONAL CONTACT AND SUPPORT
We believe the biggest thing that sets our PC Cyber Academy apart from other cyber charter schools is the level of personal contact and support we provide. A Penn Cambria teacher will be assigned as a mentor for your family. This teacher will check the progress of your cyber students every week and personally communicate with families on a regular basis via phone or email. When students need extra help with lessons, this mentor can help arrange before or after school tutoring sessions on-site or virtually with members of our Penn Cambria faculty. We strongly believe that this level of personal support and communication helps our students be successful in the cyber environment.
BENEFITS OF THE PC CYBER ACADEMY
- A Penn Cambria teacher assigned as a mentor to help and support the student & family.
- Students graduate with a Penn Cambria diploma.
- Students can participate in Penn Cambria’s prom and graduation ceremony.
- Students and families can take advantage of our guidance services, including help with college and career planning, college applications, scholarship forms, mental health services, and more!
- Students with disabilities will continue to work with Penn Cambria special education teachers who will provide services as per the IEP either on-site or virtually. IEP meetings will be conducted with the Penn Cambria Special Education department.
- On-site or virtual tutoring, provided by our teachers, is available during the school year for students who may need additional assistance in a course.
- Students will be provided with a laptop to use while enrolled in the PC Cyber Academy.
- When your child is ready to transition back to our regular classrooms, our cyber mentors will help communicate curricular progress with his/her teachers and work to provide a smoother re-entry to the school building.
PC CYBER ACADEMY STUDENT HANDBOOK
The PC Cyber Academy Student Handbook contains important information about items such as attendance, grading, support services, and more for our cyber students and their families.
PC CYBER ACADEMY GRADES 6-12 CURRICULUM
Edgenuity Courseware was selected after careful review of several cyber options for grades 6-12. It is flexible enough to align with our curriculum and offers concept coaches in core subjects in real time six days a week. It also has the ability to meet student needs through pacing guides, special education accommodations, and more. Courses will be taught by PA certified teachers provided through Edgenuity Instructional Services.
PC High School Courses are assigned individually based on scheduling and graduation requirements.
PC CYBER ACADEMY K-5 CURRICULUM
Grades K-5 coursework and certified teachers will be provided though IU8 Extended Campus using Accelerate Ed curriculum in Canvas online. Paper copies of workbooks will be provided to these students to use as they work through online content. Each student will be enrolled in English Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies, Art, and Music & Movement for the 2020-2021 school year.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Virtual Question & Answer sessions for Grades K-5 families will be held on Wednesday July 29th at 3:00 pm and again on Thursday, July 30th at 7:30 am.
Virtual Question & Answer sessions for Grades 6-12 families will be held on Wednesday July 29th at 7:30 am and again on Thursday, July 30th at 3 pm.
Families should email or call Mrs. Jeanette Black at 814-886-8121 x1183 to sign up for one of the Q&A sessions.
TO REGISTER FOR THE PC CYBER ACADEMY GR 6-12
Families that are interested in registering for the Penn Cambria Cyber Academy may contact Mrs. Kalwanaski at PCHS, Mr. Harrold at PCMS or Mr. Smorto at PC Elementaries to schedule a registration meeting. Individual registration meetings will be held the week of August 17th.
We ask that families sign up for registration by August 7, 2020 to help us with planning for the start of the school year.