While we believe that learning happens best within our physical classrooms, we know there are times when a full-time cyber option is appropriate for a student.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
PC CYBER ACADEMY STUDENT HANDBOOK
The PC Cyber Academy Student Handbook contains important information about items such as attendance, grading, support services, and more for our cyber students and their families.
TO REGISTER FOR THE PC CYBER ACADEMY GR K-12
Enrollment meetings are planned starting August 14, 2023. If families have questions about the PC Cyber Academy after that time, they can contact their child’s building principal for more information.
PENN CAMBRIA MENTOR = PERSONAL CONTACT AND SUPPORT
We believe the biggest thing that sets our PC Cyber Academy apart from a cyber charter school is the level of personal contact and support we provide. A Penn Cambria teacher will be assigned as a mentor for your child. This teacher will check the progress of your cyber student every week and personally communicate with families on a regular basis via phone or email. When students need extra help with lessons, this mentor can help arrange before or after school tutoring sessions on-site or virtually with members of our Penn Cambria faculty. We strongly believe that this level of personal support and communication helps our students be successful in the cyber environment.
BENEFITS OF THE PC CYBER ACADEMY
- A Penn Cambria teacher assigned as a mentor to help and support the student & family.
- Students graduate with a Penn Cambria diploma.
- Students can participate in Penn Cambria’s prom and graduation ceremony.
- Students and families can take advantage of our guidance services, including help with college and career planning, college applications, scholarship forms, mental health services, and more!
- Students with disabilities will continue to work with Penn Cambria special education teachers who will provide services as per the IEP either on-site or virtually. IEP meetings will be conducted with the Penn Cambria Special Education department.
- On-site or virtual tutoring, provided by our teachers, is available during the school year for students who may need additional assistance in a course.
- Students will be provided with a laptop to use while enrolled in the PC Cyber Academy.
- When your child is ready to transition back to our regular classrooms, our cyber mentors will help communicate curricular progress with his/her teachers and work to provide a smoother re-entry to the school building.
PC CYBER ACADEMY GRADES 6-12 CURRICULUM
Imagine Edgenuity Courseware was selected after careful review of several cyber options for grades 6-12. It is flexible enough to align with our curriculum and offers concept coaches in core subjects in real time six days a week. It also has the ability to meet student needs through pacing guides, special education accommodations, and more. In addition, we have course options from Educere to allow us some flexibility in course options. Courses will be taught by PA certified teachers provided through Imagine Edgenuity Instructional Services or Educere.
GRADES K-5 CYBER ACADEMY
Penn Cambria does plan to continue to offer a K-5 Cyber Academy option with a PC mentor as needed. Please contact Mrs. Black at 814-886-8121 x1183 for more information. Grades K-5 coursework and certified teachers will be provided though IU8 Extended Campus or Imagine Learning.