Dear Penn Cambria Families,
COVID-19 continues to impact our school community. This afternoon we were notified of a positive COVID-19 test result of a Penn Cambria Middle School staff member. Families of any students who are identified as close contacts are currently being notified by Penn Cambria Middle School.
We urge everyone to take necessary precautions to limit the spread of COVID-19 in our school community. The PA Department of Health has provided the following precautionary measures.
- Wear a mask and maintain a physical distance of at least 6 feet from any person while outside the home and avoid sharing food, drinks, or utensils.
- Stay home when you are sick. Watch for symptoms of COVID-19 including cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and/or diarrhea.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use alcohol-based hand sanitizers that contain at least 60% alcohol.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue and then dispose of the tissue and clean your hands immediately. If you do not have a tissue, use your sleeve, not your hands, to cover coughs and sneezes.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipes.
- If you are contacted by the Pennsylvania Department of Health please cooperate with monitoring and follow all instructions so that other people do not become sick.
If you or any members of your household develop symptoms of COVID-19 or have symptoms that worsen, notify the Pennsylvania Department of Health immediately at 1-877-724-3258 and contact a health care provider.
William W. Marshall
Penn Cambria School District