**Clarifications on Graduation**
- Students ARE receiving their diplomas on Saturday, May 30 at Saint Francis University. Please see the last bullet point in the plan below for specifics on how diplomas will be presented.
- Graduates should wear their cap and gown to the commencement exercises. Senior class t-shirts may be worn under the gown if students wishes to do so, but this is not a requirement.
Class of 2020 Graduation Plan
- To ensure health and safety, all attendees should remain in their cars while on the SFU campus
- The entire graduation will take place at Saint Francis University in Loretto, PA.
- We ask that the graduates be parked in the lower lot of the JFK Student Center by 11:30 am, adhering to the following guidelines:
- The first four (4) spaces in the front row are reserved for the senior class officers
- There should only be ONE car in the lower lot per graduate. This car should contain the graduate and the family members that they choose. (additional family parking will be in the upper lot of JFK)
- Parking in the lower lot should be every other space.
- Graduates, please remember to bring your note card with your name pronunciation
- At 11:30 am, the high school administration will lead the cars from the lower lot on a parade of the SFU campus. The map of the parade route will be posted on the high school website next week. The parade will end by going through the upper lot and ending with the graduate’s cars returning to the SAME spot in the lower lot in which they originally started. While the parade is occurring, “Pomp and Circumstance” will be playing as well as any ads purchased for the graduates. More information on the radio station that can be used to hear this will be posted on the High School website.
- When the cars have all returned from the parade, the virtual part of the ceremony will begin. Information about watching the ceremony will also be posted on the website at a later date.
- The virtual ceremony will end with Makenzie Shuagis, Student President of the Class of 2020, accepting the diplomas on behalf of the class of 2020 and initiating the tassel move from right to left. This is a traditional part of the graduation ceremony done at each graduation by the president of the senior class.
- Following the tassel movement, graduate names will be announced. As a graduate name is announced, the car with that graduate should drive to the exit of the JFK parking lot. At the exit area, the student will be presented his/her diploma by Mr. Marshall, the Superintendent of Penn Cambria School District, and will also receive any awards before leaving campus. Based on the current state guidelines, the graduate and their immediate family will be allowed out of the vehicle to receive their diploma. Families should continue safe social distancing practices during this event.
Yard signs were ordered for each graduate. These will be handed out with the diplomas before graduates leave campus.
We are continuing to adjust and refine our plan based on the recommendations received by the state. As we make adjustments, we will share those with you as quickly as possible.